Information we collect
Waddle is built around the philosophy of giving users control over the media that they share through their phone and other devices. We try to collect as little information as possible from our users and leave most of the decisions about their data privacy up to them. That is why, although we provide a free plan to try out the app, we also charge for Waddle services. We would like to ensure a business model that is built to last and is not reliant on advertising and data sharing as a method of payment, which is so commont with many other online services.
We do collect information to provide a better experience for all of our users, for example we might detect the language you use in the phone so that we can deliver Waddle in your preferred language. When you sign-up for Waddle, we ask you for your name, email address, and sometimes telephone number to help facilitate the usage of Waddle. In addition, we collect the information you choose to share on Waddle, such as when you send a message, upload photo, and perhaps video and audio files.
When you use Waddle, we will also collect certain technical information, including but not limited to device identifier, MAC address, device event information, such as crashes, system activity and hardware settings, as well as Internet Protocol (IP) address, operating system, the browser type...etc. We may also may ask you for additional permissions, such as to access your contact address book in order to identify your friends, but we will not action on it without syour permission. We also access your photo and video gallery, with your permission, in order to enable you to use media from the gallery in Waddle.
Most Internet browsers automatically accept cookies - files the browser places on your computer. We may use both session cookies and understand how users interact with our services, to monitor aggregate usage by our users and web traffic routing on our services, and to improve our services. No personally identifiable usage information will be kept for use by Waddle except to enable your use of the Waddle app.
How the information we collect is used
We use the information collected through Waddle for the following purposes:
- To provide, maintain, protect and improve services or information you request, and to process and complete any transactions;
- To respond to your emails, submissions, questions, comments, requests, and complaints and provide customer service;
- To personalize and improve Waddle service.
- To send you security alerts, confirmations, and support messages and otherwise facilitate your use of, and our administration and operation of, our services;
- To find and connect with your friends (when instructed by you)
- For internal operations, including troubleshooting, testing, aggregate usage and data analysis and service improvement designed to increase the functionality and user friendliness of our services; and
- For any other purpose for which the information was collected.
We do not share the personal information we have collected from you with companies, organizations and individuals, except for the services that are required to operate Waddle, such as Google Cloud, and as described below:
- With your friends on Waddle, connections from your address book or other connections with whom you choose to share your Waddle messages;
- With certain social networking services, when you chose such sharing through Waddle;
- With service providers who are working with us in connection with the operation of our site or our services, for example, data storage service providers. These service providers have access to your personal information only to perform services on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose it or use it for any other purposes;
- To meeet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request;
- To enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations;
- To detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security, abuse or technical issues;
- To protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Waddle, our users or the public as required or permitted by law.
We may share aggregated information and non-personally identifiable information publicly and with third parties for industry analysis, demographic profiling and other similar purposes, for example to show trends about the general use of our services.
We are not responsible for the actions of service providers or other third parties, nor are we responsible for any additional information you provide directly to any third parties.
We work hard to protect Waddle and our users from unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of information we hold. In particular:
- We use https for all our communications.
- We review our information collection, storage and processing practices, including physical security measures, to guard against unauthorized access to systems.
- We restrict access to personal information to Waddle employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to process it for us, and who are subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations and may be disciplined or terminated if they fail to meet these obligations.
- We offer a plan under which data is backed up to a reduntat storage unit inaccessible by the general system in order to provide a secure backup storage, in case of a failure.
Accessing and Modifying Your Information
If you have an account, you can access and modify the personal information you provided us that is associated with your account.
Deleting and deactivating your account
If you want to stop using your account, you can either deactivate or delete it. Please email us us at firstname.lastname@example.org to initialize.
Deactivating your account puts your account on hold. You will not be able to access Waddle withour reactivation, but we will keep all of your existing data and not delete any of your information. Deactivating an account is the same as you telling us not to delete any information because you might want to reactivate your account at some point in the future. You can deactivate your account by emailing us at email@example.com.
When you delete an account, it is permanently deleted from Waddle and all information stored at Waddle on your personal cloud is also deleted. Any other apps or uses tied to your personal cloud on Waddle will also be affected. It typically takes a short time to delete an account, but some information may remain in backup copies and logs after deletion. You should only delete your account if you are sure you never want to reactivate it or access any information on your personal cloud at Waddle. You can delete your account by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Certain information may be needed to provide you with services, so we only delete this information after you delete your account. Some of the things you do using Waddle may not be stored directly in your account. That information remains after you delete or deactivate your account, but we will do our best to request for its remove as long as it is in our power.
Our Policy Toward Children
Our service is not directed to be used by children under 13, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. The service is however intended to be used by parents of children for the purpose of creating family albums, and we believe parents should be responsible for any information about their children that they store and share using our service. We do not endorse that any children under 13 provide us with their own information. Please email us at email@example.com should you have any concerns you would like to discuss.
Security and Bugs
Waddle works hard to keep your information secure, but we need your help. We try to keep Waddle up, bug-free and safe, but we cannot make guarantees about any part of our services or products. If you discover any vulnerability, please be kind and report it to firstname.lastname@example.org. We do not have a bug-bounty program yet, but we do appreciate any little help along the way.